Please support Links Corner    

If you think it is hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball. - Jack Lemmon
Bogey votes - rule changeGoto page Previous  1, 2 View older topic :: View newer topic  
olazaboll

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Bogey votes - rule change Reply with quote

How about scrapping the Bogeyvote and just keep the explanatory post.

If someone give be a bogey vote on one of my courses .... fine ... Im not the greatest designer arround here ... I can take it ... But the 2 bogey votes on Pilgrim Trails for example, is an insult. Thoose people don't understand Golf or Links .. They would have bogey-voted Augusta if they seen it in real life.

If I hate Classical music, why should I look up a forum and post I hate the Moonlight Serenade by Bethooven . Pointless !!!!

I think there is a understandable difference between an Ace and a Par, but still a Par is a "You passed the test" ... If I vote Par I tell the desinger the course maybe isnt my cup of tee, but still I appriciate the time the desinger took to create it, and I tell the player that its worth the d/l but dont expect to much ....

Still ... If the course is totally unplayeble , I see nothing wrong in postning a warning for others ... if it looks like this TGC course for instance ....

http://i.imgur.com/s9GFrAN.jpg

Adam
Kilner
R.I.P
"....... our Great Hero"
derricksummers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Bogey votes - rule change Reply with quote

Not Worthy Thumb Up What took so long ?
I proposed this change many years ago and the objection was it went
against the freedom of choice if that is the right word
Thanks Andy you have made an Old man happy Yes Roll Eyes

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

I know I'm getting better at golf 'cos I'm hitting fewer spectators. - Pres. Gerald Ford