Please support Links Corner    

Is my good friend in the rough, or is the b*&#*$d on the green? - James Bond
Mouse is Jerky in the game View older topic :: View newer topic  
stewjr1962

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

Installed Links on my new PC and it is very Jerky. I figured it was the Anti-virus they had installed, but had them uninstall that and it's still jerky.

My sys info is as follows
:
Dell Intel i7-4790 CPU@ 3.60 GHz Running Windows 7 Home Premium
Memory- 8GB
Video Card- NVIDIA Geforce GT720 1GB

Using same mouse and keyboard I had on my old system. Links worked great on my old system and it was only an i3 with 4GB memory.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!!

pmgolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

There's a mouse adjustment in the Links game and more adjustments on the control panel. What kind of mouse? USB?

Try searching for "mouse".

Pete

stewjr1962

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

Its a Microsoft 5000 cordless USB mouse. Worked like a charm on my other PC. I have been messing with the mouse settings, bur having mo luck getting a consistant swing on the new PC so far.

pmgolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

To get a good, consistent RTS swing, I use a Logitech LX6 Cordless Optical Mouse ($29, and I have a brand new one in reserve). Other players have their favorites, too. It's no different from real-life golf where a Taylormade Burner Superfast driver feels better to hit than a Walmart brand driver.

Your mouse works fine, right? But are you a "Links-nut" (yet)?

Pete

stewjr1962

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

I have been a Links nut for many years now, but can't seem to figure out why I can't get this mouse problem fixed. It's all but impossible to play with the mouse jerking so bad.

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

stewjr1962 wrote:
I have been a Links nut for many years now, but can't seem to figure out why I can't get this mouse problem fixed. It's all but impossible to play with the mouse jerking so bad.

Get a corded mouse.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Acrilix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

pmgolf wrote:
There's a mouse adjustment in the Links game

As far as I know the in-game mouse adjustment is only for powerstroke.

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
Jerry Garlisch
Course Manager

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

grandpabruce wrote:
stewjr1962 wrote:

Get a corded mouse.

I agree grandpa. I have used a corded Logitech MX310 for years now but I am on my last one. Not sure what I'll do if this one finally get ate by the cat. Laugh

Jerry

God grant me the SERENITY to accept the shots I miss, the COURAGE to never give up and the WISDOM not to throw away my clubs in the water.

KISS Tours www.kisstours.com

Links Corner Course Manager
gene_golf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

My cordless mouse only goes crazy when batteries get low and usually it causes a delay in moving placement on screen before next shot can happen. Also sometimes pressing the button at bottom does not respond when swing. The corded mouse with lights are far superior to older corded versions that had trackball underneath.

stewjr1962

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Mouse is Jerky in the game Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies, I found the problem. It is a bad USB port. I switched to another USB port, and all is fine now.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Hit 'em hard. They'll land somewhere. - Stewart Maiden