Please support Links Corner    

An interesting thing about golf is that no matter how badly you play; it is always possible to get worse. - Anon

Ousgg Sporting MOP's View older topic :: View newer topic  
Forum
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Ousgg Sporting MOP's

Foreword

Play Links for 6 Years
 Collect obscenely large number of courses
 Make an ultimately doomed attempt at using the APCD
 Write a comprehensive set of course reviews
 What next... ?

To fill in the gap before my next set of Clip Notes, I got to thinking about the MOPs, and that there were potentially myriad
ways of scoring this game. I had toyed about with scoring methods in the past, but without ever committing to something
firm.

Then suddenly: inspiration struck! NateDogg released his excellent Grid Iron Golf, using American Football scoring, and
suddenly a whole new set of ways to play the game was spawned. Thinking over some of the most popular sports, I
realised that very few were scored in a prosaic ‘1,2,3’ style, and that these scoring systems would help jazz up one’s round
no end, especially when played competitively.
Most of these MOPs rely on achieving certain feats to score points. Most of these are score-related, but I’ve also tried to
throw in as many of the Bingo-Bango-Bongo-type bonuses as I can without making things too complicated or losing focus of
what you’re trying to achieve. Most of these MOPs are hence unsuitable for computer players, so the default computer
setting is to ‘off’’. As with any aspect of the Modes, you’re welcome to tinker with it (I can hardly stop you, now, can I?), but
if you do genuinely think you’ve made improvements to an MoP, I’d be grateful if you could drop me a line with the details of
your changes.
One common theme I have tried to stick to is to allow generous gimmies, at the players’ discretion. These are purely to
keep your game moving at a good speed; one or two MOPs (for common sense reasons) are No Gimmies.
This Read-me is written not only as a guide to how you can expect to score on these games, but also with a little tongue-incheek
guide to the sport in question. It might just help you to get immersed in some of the culture surrounding the game
you’re about to be playing. Let us not forget that golf is the greatest game of them all, and a little dig at our rivals never hurt
anyone!
Some of these games bear fairly minimal resemblence to the sport they’re supposed to be representing (it is a golf game,
after all) and, most importantly, they’re not to be taken too seriously, although if anyone wants to organise their own Golfing
Olympic Games, I would be intrigued to see the outcome!
I hope that everyone looking to pass an idle half hour finds something to their satisfaction here, and who knows: one day
we might see the inaugural Pot Green world championships!

DOWNLOAD Here

NateDogg’s ‘Grid Iron Golf’ is available at http://www.linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19780

Ben Bateson (‘ousgg’)

Forum
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Ousgg Sporting MOP's

Updated April 2010

Thanks for the upload Ben. Clap

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Misc Add-On Downloads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.